Ajay Kumar | e-Business Consultant | Bangkok, Thailand
Overall 25+ Years of experience in the IT industry
I started my first IT job in 1995 as a Data Entry Operator. Since then I have worked in several positions such as Programmer, Graphic Designer, IT Manager, Software Consultant, Director & e-Business Consultant. I started my own business in 2006 under MVM Infotech Co. Ltd. in Bangkok, Thailand. A one-stop “e-Business Solutions” company offers Web Design, App Development, Digital Marketing & Back Office Management services to build your online business. So far, I personally delivered 200+ projects in the local and global markets. # www.mvminfotech.com
I always wanted to build something in the online travel industry with my IT expertise to improve my domain knowledge. I started many online travel projects between 2003 – 2012, such as behindCity, MVM Travel, We Love City, and some I have forgotten the names of. But all projects were a failure. Then I started an “Exploring Tourism“ project in 2013 and working on this till now. This project is giving me some hope. Now Exploring Tourism offers custom tour packages & travel services in 100+ countries. Know more about this project # www.exploringtourism.com
My childhood dream was to travel around the world and Bangkok was my first overseas trip in 2003. Since then, Thailand is my second home. So far, I have traveled to 14 Countries & 80+ Cities. Keep Walking, Keep Exploring & Keep Sharing my life experiences on this blog # www.walkwithajay.com
- Master’s Degree in Commerce from H.N.B. Garhwal University, Srinagar, India in 2000
- Bachelor’s Degree in Arts from C.C.S University, Meerut, India in 1996
- Post Graduate Diploma in Business Management (Equivalent to MBA) in Finance.
- Higher Diploma in System Management from Aptech, Dehradun, India in 1999
- Participation Certificate by SUN MICROSYSTEM from Kanpur, India in 2000
- Certificate in Computing from IGNOU, Delhi, India in 1999
- Certificate in Oracle with Developer 2000 from Neurosoft, Dehradun, India in 1997
- Certificate in Desk-Top Publishing from Graphic Era, Dehradun, India in 1995
- MVM Infotech Co. Ltd. (Bangkok, Thailand)
Director & e-Business Consultant
January 2007 – Present (14 years 7 months)
- Exploring Tourism
January 2013 – Present (8 years 7 months)
- HKS Designer & Consultant International Co. Ltd. (Bangkok, Thailand)
Director of IT
January 2003 – December 2006 (4 years)
- A K Software Consultancy (Dehradun, India)
Senior Web Developer
January 2001 – December 2002 (2 years)
- Ganga Institutional & Community Development Project (Kanpur, India)
January 2000 – December 2000 (1 year)
- Digitek Services (Dehradun, India)
Freelance Software Consultant
January 1997 – December 1999 (3 years)
- Khanduri X-Ray, Ultrasound Echocardiography Center (Dehradun, India)
Computer Department Manager
January 1994 – December 1996 (3 years)
- E-Business Consultancy
- Project Management
- As an e-Business consultant & Director of MVM Infotech, I managed approx 400+ websites, e-Commerce, Online marketplace, app development, and digital marketing projects.
- Build the Exploring Tourism online travel brand. Our network is providing custom travel services in more than 110 countries.
- Worked on www.mvmtravel.com and www.behindcity.com travel portals. This portal was offering more than 219 Countries Worldwide Tours, Hotels, Destinations, News, Articles, and Travel Services Information with the concept of a “Gateway to your dream destination”
- Our listed & business partner provides a number of tour information under different categories. Our Business Partners employ comprehensive guides from the local communities always be with our clients to advise and offer them assistance on even the most basic of subjects and activities.
- My responsibility was to introduce Genovate Products and Services in Thailand. It’s including Infopark & SAP Resources Professional Services. Coordinating and presenting our products and services to SAP Implementation Partners and SAP Implemented companies.
- My job also includes SAP consultant screening, interviewing, and placing our SAP consultants on the client’s sites.
- Joined the Indian company start-up division in Thailand at the point of inception, launching its business growth and development to achieve its current market position as a leading provider of high-end customization software development in the SME & corporate sector.
- Providing consultancy & services in application development, ERP, CRM, Document Management systems & Business Process Development sales models, and vast knowledge of both the e-business marketplace and the capabilities and complexities of products.
- Building and maintaining relationships with key corporate decision-makers, establishing large volume, high-profit accounts with excellent levels of retention and loyalty.
- Start up & develop new IT division in Thailand, Vietnam & India from 2003 onwards
- Supervising more than 10 team members and outside agencies for development.
- Launched approx 10 major products like Travel Portal, Travel Back Office System, Centralize Database Management System, Customer Enquiry Management System, E-Office, Visual Bar, and Visual Kitchen & Visual Dressing Room.
- Managed more than 45 small & medium-scale projects in B2B, B2C, and multimedia.
- Managed more than 5 E-marketing projects from 2004 onwards in Thailand & Vietnam.
- Developed approx 4 Website development Projects in Newspaper Industry, Network Marketing, fashion Industry & City directory also finished 5 Multimedia CD development Projects in Flash in Fashion, Import Export & Retail stores.
- Worked as a Project Guide in Career Technopark, Dehradun, India franchisee of Island International University, Florida, for Live Projects on asp and oracle databases.
- Prestigious Ganga Institutional & Community Development Project (an Indo-Dutch Project) since 1996 (Consultants BMB/ Euroconsult from Netherlands and JPS from India)
- Kanpur Nagar Nigam (KNN), Kanpur Jal Sansthan (KJS), and Mirzapur Nagar Palika (MNP) are big government agencies in India. Computerize all property tax records, water tax records, billing, and survey all new properties. Managed & update the entire database in all three agencies & troubleshooting and R&D work on a day-to-day basis.
- Manage a team of more than 20 persons in all agencies.
- Manage the Data cleaning, scheduling is done and backup is taken regularly.
- I.S. (Geographical Information System) is connected with all the properties using Map-Info 5.5 Infect, Mirzapur city is the first operational Municipality in India.
- Project completion for Indian Institute of Remote Sensing, Dehradun (National Remote Sensing Agency, Department Of Space Government Of India) for faultfinding in their running software in Oracle 7.1, GIS Package on WinNT Environment. The project was successful and the client’s software was restructured to present efficient, fault-free performance.
- Given Training to B.Sc. student of Government Post Graduate College, Rishikesh in Visual Basic 5.0
- Given Corporate Training to a team of 20 people (employee in O.N.G.C.) in Oracle 7.2 on WinNT environment at Informatics Computer Centre, Dehradun.
- Software Developed in FoxPro for multi-user environment on Novell Networking environment for the Diagnostic center in the line of patient database management system. This package covers the following areas.
- Online Patient Entry System
- Online Patient History Taking
- Online History Display
- Online Reporting
- Designed, implemented, and maintained the company intranet and incorporated new technology in the center e, g. graphics designing, and image scanning on the report.
- Prepared presentations for different conferences and seminars on state-level chapters.
- Software Consultant and adviser in Software solution, development, and installation of various software & managing the networking environment for our client with a team of 8 people. Given training to Graduate level students, and government employees in Visual Basic 5.0, Oracle 7.2